Hulu is a popular online movie or TV show streaming platform. The most notable advantage is that Hulu allows its users to stream content directly on different devices, including Xbox One. Only a Hulu subscription is required, which gives you access to all movies and TV shows available on the streaming giant. However, apart from other playback errors, Hulu subscribers have often complained about getting Error Code P-DEV318.
This playback error is very common with users who are streaming on their Xbox One gaming console. This error becomes a hindrance in streaming any video from Hulu, including live events. Many Xbox One users who become frustrated with this error, ended up either canceling their Hulu subscription or got rid of their Xbox One.
In this article, we will be discussing the reasons why Hulu gives this error and then the 6 methods that can help you resolve this issue easily. You can follow these methods even without technical knowledge. There is no need to call tech support or someone who can do it for you.
Reasons Why Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 Occur
Many users have faced this common error while streaming Hulu content, especially on Xbox One consoles. After conducting extensive research, we have identified three reasons behind the P-Dev318 error code:
- Hulu server error due to maintenance issues
- Low bandwidth
- Slow internet connection
Methods to Resolve Error Code P-DEV318
After conducting an investigation, Hulu described this P-DEV318 error code as a bug. They are currently working on a permanent solution to this error code so that their subscribers can enjoy uninterrupted streaming.
As there is no official fix for this error code yet, here are 7 methods that can help you troubleshoot this error so that you can enjoy continuous streaming on your favorite Android device or TV, Fire TV, Apple devices and Apple TV, Nintendo Switch, Playstation, Xbox or Chromecast.
Method 1: Upgrade your Internet Speed
The recommended speed for continuous streaming of Hulu 3Mbps and 8Mbps respectively. As online streamers require buffering, people who have slow internet often face Hulu Error Code P-DEV318. However, if your desired video is taking a long time to buffer, there is a good chance that this error has already occurred. This issue can be easily fixed by improving your internet connection by upgrading the speed.
See how the following steps work out:
- Turn off the streaming device or Xbox One including other devices connected to your home network.
- Close all background processes on the device.
- User an Ethernet cable instead of a wifi connection to connect your device to the internet.
- Move your router close to the streaming device.
Method 2: Restart your Streaming Device or Xbox One
Power cycle your streaming device or Xbox one to get positive results. Restarting the device usually resets the software and other associated apps to clear out any problem that can affect online streaming. Internet connection also refreshes with system restarts.
See how the following steps work out while restarting your device:
- Turn off the streaming device.
- Wait 10 seconds after disconnecting all power sources.
- Plugin the power cable to the device.
- Check for any errors after the device restarts.
Follow these steps to restart your Xbox One:
- Turn off the Xbox One by pressing the “Xbox” button for roughly 10 seconds.
- Give the console a fresh start by pressing and holding the “Xbox” button.
Apart from restarting streaming devices, it is recommended to try power cycling your router as well.
Method 3: Connect with Hulu Support Team
The easiest method of resolving the P-DEV318 Error is by connecting with Hulu online chat support. Getting this done requires having all of your account-related information. As the Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 affects subscribers using specific devices for online streaming, the support team is able to provide a device-specific solution.
Contact Hulu Support team
Users can contact Hulu directly on Twitter by simply tweeting about the problem and mentioning Hulu. A member of the support team will reply immediately with a solution to fix the error that you’re facing.
Apart from these two options, you can post on Hulu Community, or find answers and helpful tips.
Method 4: Update the Hulu App
Many users who faced this issue were reported using an outdated app. If you’re getting the P-DEV318 error, make sure that you are using the latest app available on your respective AppStore.
Method 5: Clear Cache Memory and Data
Having corrupt cache data can lead to the Hulu app generating numerous error codes, one of which can be P-DEV318. If you already have updated the Hulu App and have high-speed internet, corrupt data can still cause playback issues.
Follow these steps to clear the cache on an Android phone or tablet:
- Navigate to “Settings” and then tap the “Applications” option.
- Select the “Hulu” app and then click on “Storage.”
- Tapping the “Clear Cache” button will get rid of any corrupt cache on your device.
Similarly, See how the following steps work out on an Xbox One:
- Keep the “Power” button of your console pressed till it turns off.
- Remove the power cable of your console.
- Repeatedly press the “Power” button pressed.
- Reconnect the power cable after a few minutes.
- Finally, press the power button to power up your console.
Method 6: Check your Internet Connectivity
To have continuous streaming, you not only need a high-speed internet connection, but you also need one that is strong and consistent as well. Inconsistency in the speed and strength of your internet can easily cause Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 to disrupt your streaming.
See how the following steps work out:
- Turn your internet router off.
- Wait for about 5 minutes.
- Turn your internet router back on.
A simple restart restores the integrity of an internet connection, however, if the problem persists, contact your service provider as there might be a problem at their end.
Why does Hulu give error messages?
Poor internet connection, the streaming device, or the Hulu app can give errors for a number of reasons. Many of which can be easily resolved by employing the use of a general troubleshooting guide such as; Updating the Hulu App, reinstalling the App, or making sure that your streaming device is fully updated.
How do I fix my Hulu streaming?
To fix most errors, follow these steps:
- Perform a power cycle.
- Check for app and system updates.
- Test your internet connection.
- Fully close the Hulu App.
- Clear Cache and Data.
- Uninstall or reinstall the Hulu App.
- Improve your internet connection.
Why would Hulu stop working?
If Hulu still is not working properly, your internet connection might be too slow for continuous streaming. Check your service by running a speed test to see how fast data is moving at your end and whether it’s fast enough for Hulu or not. If you have other devices on your internet connection, they might be lowering the speed that is required to stream Hulu.
Hulu Error Code P-DEV318 occurs when the user is trying to stream a live event as it requires a strong internet connection. With restarting your streaming device being the easiest fix, a minimum speed of 8Mbps also needs to be ensured.
If you have a strong internet connection and the problem persists even after restarting the device, then approaching Hulu online support chat is the best option followed by the troubleshooting methods mentioned above in the article. For more information on other errors, save our website as a bookmark for other easy fixes. Mention the method you used in the comments section below that fixed the Hulu Error P-DEV318.
Facing Hulu Error P-DEV320 instead? Click here to fix it.
When it comes to streaming media content, Hulu has a massive following in the United States. Unfortunately, similar services like Netflix or HBO Max are also prone to errors. So the Hulu streaming service is occasionally prone to errors, and the Hulu error 94 is one of them.
Sometimes, when trying to log into the Hulu streaming service, the error 94 happens.
It can appear on any compatible device such as Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, Xbox, LG Smart TVs, Samsung, etc.
However, Hulu error 94 can be caused by various factors, problems with your Internet connection, Hulu settings, device problems, and so on.
Whatever the cause of the problem, you should rapidly resolve it by following simple steps.
Before we get started, have a look at why this error appears. Let’s start!
Causes Hulu Loading Error 94
If you google What Hulu error 94 is, you’ll get a lot of information regarding the causes of Hulu won’t load.
We’ve listed some of the potential causes of Hulu loading error 94 below.
The most important and common issue is the internet connection.
It is critical that the internet connection used to stream is stable and has sufficient upstream and downstream bandwidth.
Unfortunately, it may make it difficult for the app to maintain a stable connection with its servers; that’s why it shows the”Hulu were having trouble loading this.”
So make sure the internet network has enough potential to carry out the live stream.
In some situations, the launch configurations cached by the devices could be corrupt for one or more devices engaged in this operation.
These configurations are cached to speed up download times and provide a smoother experience, but they can get corrupted and cause the app to be trouble loading Hulu.
It may delay the streaming procedure if the application version is outdated, Hulu has trouble loading.
It happens because the servers are continually updated to accommodate new features, and if the program becomes out-of-date, it will disrupt the streaming process.
When the software on the computer or any device used to stream becomes outdated, the streaming process becomes unusable.
The error could be because the application and the software are incompatible.
Suppose you’re using a VPN to hide your location for either the servers or other reasons.
In that case, it is recommended that you turn it off because it can cause incompatibilities between your ISP and the servers.
If you are hiding your location, the server may flag your connection as suspicious.
How do I fix Error 94 on Hulu?
If you’re on Windows 10, Mac, Android, or iOS, try the following techniques to eliminate the Hulu loading issues, whether you’re using the dedicated app or a web browser.
To eliminate any corrupt cache, we’ll power-cycle the devices involved in the streaming process as the first step in troubleshooting.
To do so, you’ll need to:
- Unplug your Internet Router as well as the device you’re streaming.
- Taking the plug out of the socket
- For at least 15 seconds, press and hold the Power button.
- Reconnect the devices, wait for them to turn on, and plug the Power cord Back in
- Try streaming again to see if the problem persists.
To eliminate the Hulu error 94, turn off the device and turn it back on to restart the stream.
You will no longer see the Hulu loading error 94 on your screen, and the program may begin to function normally.
In addition, you will be redirected to your account page and watch streaming videos on the Hulu app after taking this action.
However, we’ll show you reactivating it after deactivating the device.
- Navigate to the official Hulu website using a web browser.
- Then go to the login page and fill in your information.
- Hover your cursor over the block icon in the upper right corner and click on the Account from the drop-down menu.
- Next to the Watch Hulu on Your Devices option, click the Manage Devices button under the Your Account section.
- To deactivate a device, click on the Remove button.
- Reactivate it by entering the code at the Device login and seeing if it solves the problem.
Updating Application to resolve Hulu error 94
This method varies depending on the streaming device, but we’ve outlined the steps for the most often used ones.
Of course, if your device isn’t listed, you may always look up a guide online.
For Windows, the procedure of updating is relatively simple need to follow these steps:
- Close the Hulu app completely, navigate to the taskbar’s, and click on the Microsoft Store icon.
- Select the Downloads and Updates button by clicking the Three Dots in the top right corner.
- Once you open the Downloads and Updates, click on the Get Updates button and wait for the downloads and updates.
- After you’ve downloaded and installed the updates, try streaming from Hulu to see whether the problem still exists.
- From the Android home screen, navigate to the PlayStore and click on the Menu button in the top left corner.
- Once the menu is opened, select the My Apps and Games button and click on the “Updates” tab.
- If an automatic update is off, find the Hulu app from the list and click on the Update button on the front of the Hulu app.
- Now wait for the updating and installing the app, then try and check to see if the issue exists.
Hulu Error 94 Samsung Tv or Android TV
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- Under the Apps option, select the Google Play Store.
- Once the Google Play Store is opened, navigate to the Auto Update Apps and then choose the Auto-update Apps at any time option.
For Apple TV:
- Select Apps option from the Setting.
- To configure the TV to update apps on its own, click the Automatically Update Apps button.
- After the app has been updated, click it again to turn it off whether the error persists.
Updating Device Software to fix Hulu error 94
Suppose the software on the device has become outdated. In that case, we recommend you update it as soon as possible because old software can cause compatibility problems with new applications and prevent or restrict the app’s functionality.
How do I reset Hulu on my smart TV?
Another efficient technique to address Hulu’s errors on Smart TV is restarting the device and reloading the Hulu app.
If the Hulu app isn’t working correctly, we strongly recommend you reinstall it.
The following method will show you how to uninstall and reinstall the Hulu application on your Smart TV:
- First, go to the Smart TV and from your remote, click on the Menu button.
- Now, navigate to the applications, choose Hulu from the list, and delete it.
After deleting the application, restart your TV and install the Hulu application using these steps:
- Switch on the smart TV and navigate to the Application Store.
- You may search the Hulu application in the search bar and click on Install.
- Once the installation is done, enter your credentials to log in to the Hulu account. That’s it!
The Hulu error 94 restricts you from enjoying your favorite streaming shows and is caused by various issues with your Internet connection or equipment.
Unfortunately, nothing can’t be fixed, so be patient and try all the methods mentioned above.
Apart from the Hulu loading error, if you face Hulu error p-dev310 or any other error. Save this site as a bookmark because we are always there when you need us.
Most people believe in Netflix when they think of streaming services. However, another streaming service was launched a year later in 2008, called Hulu. It is still one of the most popular streaming services, with an extensive library of movies, series, shows, and even live television. But, quite often, people using Hulu get an error code: p-dev320 while watching the TV show or any video content.
Like any other streaming service, it might occasionally give you errors, and Error Code: p-dev320 is one of the errors when you try to watch some movies or shows. For example, you may get this error when watching TV series or movies or using Hulu Live TV to stream a live event.
This article will discuss getting rid of this error and troubleshooting through a step-by-step procedure with different solutions. But first, look at what this error looks like and why this error appears; what the causes are? So let’s start!
What does Hulu error code P Dev302 mean?
"We're having trouble playing this.
It may help if you turn your device off for a minute and try again.
Hulu Error Code: P-DEV320"
P-TS207 or P-DEV322 are also potential error codes. Any computer, tv, or device that can run the Hulu app, such as your browser’s web player, can encounter these issues.
Although playback issues can arise when the application is outdated, or the Hulu service is down, network or connection issues are the most common source.
Why am I getting an error code on Hulu?
This problem happens when the main Hulu servers cannot communicate with your Hulu website player or app. For example, it can occur when there are internet connectivity issues with your network, an issue at Hulu’s end, or attempting to use an outdated Hulu app. The error codes P-DEV322 and P-TS207 are similar, but they are caused by Hulu issues that they need to resolve.
How do I fix Hulu error P dev303?
There are methods to resolve this error code, but if none of the methods work, the issue is most likely on Hulu’s end rather than yours.
Although their Contact Center will provide you with further information, they had already resolved many issues before you had it. The Hulu help center will thoroughly guide you on how you will get rid of this issue.
Try Using A Different Device
If you have another device capable of playing Hulu, try it out to see if it works. For example, if the error code appears on your Laptop, check on your Xbox One to see if it seems, or you may use any other supported device.
You can also get the error code on your Nintendo Switch and see whether it will play on your phone or tablet. If it works on another device, the problem is most likely with the original device due to an outdated app or a lack of internet connectivity.
Make Sure Hulu Is Up To Date
Error code P-DEV320 can be caused by an outdated Hulu app, which appears likely if the app only works on a few of your devices.
Check out this Hulu site for app release notes. In addition, you can find out which version you should be using by looking at your platform.
You must update your device’s version if it has a lower version of the application; that may resolve the issue.
Clear Data And Cache to fix Hulu error code p-dev320
It’s conceivable that part of your data is corrupted. Clearing the Hulu app’s local data and cache might help in such a case. Follow these steps to clear Hulu Data and Cache in easy and simple ways:
Clear Hulu Data And Cache On Android:
You can clear Hulu’s cache and data on specific Android models. The procedure may slightly vary with different devices:
- First, from the android phone home screen, Navigate to Settings and then Apps.
- Now in the apps, click on All apps and find the Hulu App.
- Then go to the Hulu app Storage and Click on Clear Cache.
Clear Hulu Data And Cache On IOS:
You can see the Hulu app’s storage on your phone or Ipad and clear the cache.
- First, from your home screen, go the Settings and then click on General.
- After that, go to iPhone Storage and click on the Hulu app.
- You can clear the cache by uninstalling or deleting and then reinstalling the app from the Apple store.
Clear Hulu Cache And Data On Fire TV:
- You can clear the cache for the fire Tv by navigating to Settings and then Applications.
- Click on Manage Installed Apps and then select Hulu.
- Click on Clear Cache and Data of the Hulu app.
If you’re using Hulu’s web player, make sure you clear your data and browser cache to eliminate anything that could be causing the Hulu playback problem.
Check Other Streaming Services Work
On the same device that’s giving you the P-DEV320 error, try another streaming provider like Prime or Netflix.
- If this method doesn’t work successfully, your device is experiencing a connection problem. You may need to update or restart your device and check your internet connection.
- Try to access Hulu over a different connection, such as your mobile phone. If it works on it, it’s a sign that your primary internet connection isn’t working.
- Check the internet speed on the device that gave you the error code to check if it’s sufficient for streaming.
- You could contact your Internet service provider about the expected speed. In addition, you can check Hulu service availability.
If none of the following solutions work, contact Hulu and explain the problem (“Error Code: p-dev320 “) to see if they can shed any light on it and assist you in determining why it isn’t working and how to fix it.