Sometimes Hulu appears errors while streaming anything online, and that’s the most frustrating moment. Hulu viewers are frequently encountering the Hulu Error Code 2(-998). It’s a temporary error message that can be fixed with a few steps of troubleshooting.
Hulu error codes appear on your screen when there is an issue with your internet connection. Hulu error code 2 (-998) may appear when using the Hulu app on your Android TV or smartphone. It may even cause out-of-date software, or an unsuitable device can cause the issue.
This article will show all the issues that can cause a Hulu Error Code 2 (-998) and fix them quickly. If a problem with the Hulu server caused the error, none of the remedies would help. You’ll have to wait for Hulu’s server to come back online. So let’s start with the causes and then move toward the solutions.
Why do I keep getting an Error Code 2(-998)?
While streaming Hulu online tv, watching movies, or watching some of your favorite serials, it stops working all of a sudden. It may appear due to several different reasons, but we have listed some of the prominent causes are:
- Internet Speed Issue
- Device Problem
- Outdated Application
- Hulu server is Down
How do I fix my Hulu Error Code 2(-998)?
Hulu error code 2(-998) is a temporary error that may prevent streaming the content. However, we’ll show you the different ways to resolve the issue. After that, you can stream the content and enjoy it while watching your favourite show.
Force Shut Down The Hulu App
The forced shutdown can eliminate this error, and it may vary with the device you can utilize for streaming the content. You can use these procedures to force the shutdown application.
For Android Phone and Tablet:
- So first, navigate to the android phone or tablet Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click on Apps> All Apps.
- Find the Hulu app and open its Settings.
- Now, click on the Force Stop from option and Select Yes to stop its working.
- Finally, you can restart the phone or tablet and check if the application error persists.
For Android TV:
- First, navigate to the Settings on your android tv from the homepage.
- Once the Settings are opened, then click on the Application.
- In the installed application list, find and click on the Hulu app.
- To terminate the Hulu application select the Force Stop option.
- Now you may relaunch the Hulu app after the power cycle of the TV.
- Now check for the error, and it may persist.
Look for Pending Updates on Hulu
The outdated application may cause the issue, so you need to update the app. Different methods vary on your phone or tv that you are using. You need to update the application according to your device updatings process, but we’ll show you the process that most devices have:
For Android Phone and Tablet:
- On your Android device, click on the Google Play Store.
- You can find the Hulu app in installed apps.
- To download and install the available updates, click on the App’s Update button.
- Restart your mobile phone and open the newly updated app.
For Android TV:
- From the home screen, navigate to the Settings> Apps.
- Select Google Play Store from the menu.
- Go to My Apps, find Hulu from the apps list, and choose the Update option.
- Wait for the updates to be downloaded and installed on the TV.
- Then check if the problem persists after rebooting the device.
Shut Down The Online Hulu Streaming Device
- To turn off your Android phone, press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- To switch off an Android TV, press the designated power button on your remote.
- Disconnect all devices from the power source that are connected to the Android TV.
- Once the system is turned off, then turn off your router and modem. If you’re watching Hulu on your phone using cellular data, turn on Flight Mode on your phone and turn off the data.
- Allow all devices to sit inactive for a few minutes and then connect all of the devices again.
- Restart the devices and see if the problem persists.
The connection is refreshed when you power cycles the streaming device and other devices like the modem, and router. Refreshing is the fastest way to resolve all temporary issues on your system and eliminate the Hulu Error Code 2 (-998).
If the problems persist, you should examine your internet connection. To stream, Hulu uses a speed testing tool to confirm that your internet connection has a minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps.
You could also check the services of other apps on your device in addition to your internet speed. Are other programs on your Android being harmed as a result of network issues? Other apps will have similar warnings if the network is down. If not, contact Hulu’s online customer service and request a remedy.
Uninstall and Reinstall to fix Hulu Error Code 2(-998)
The procedure is slightly different with the various devices, so don’t worry about it. Navigate to the Settings page on your Android devices and follow these steps:
- Once the settings are opened, then select the Apps from the settings list.
- After that, find and choose the Hulu app in the list.
- Select Uninstall from the menu.
- Go to the PlayStore > Search for Hulu in the search box.
- To reinstall the application, click the Install button.
- Check to see whether the error persists after restarting the device.
Connect with the Hulu Support Team
Connecting with Hulu’s online chat assistance is probably the quickest approach to figure out what’s causing the issue and how to fix it. You’ll need all of your account-related information to complete it. The Hulu staff will only know the subscriber or device-specific solution.
Hulu Issue Code 2 (-998) is a typical error when using any device to stream content online. Hulu does not have an official troubleshooting solution for this. The above troubleshooting techniques are tried and tested solutions that have yielded significant results for Hulu users in the past.
It’s nothing new for Hulu subscribers to get an error when streaming their favorite TV shows. Unfortunately, several of them have reported various issues, including the Hulu error code P-TS207 error number. The good news is that you can correct these errors in a range of methods.
Hulu is a modern-age American subscription service that gives on-demand live streaming at a low cost. The Hulu error code P-TS207 indicates a playback glitch. It could be due to Hulu’s internal problems, or it could be due to your weak Internet connection. Another matter of issue is an outdated application.
Although watching videos on Hulu is quick and easy, a few Hulu error codes are difficult to understand. So, if you’re having trouble with the error code P-TS207 on Hulu, follow the methods to fix it. But first, we discuss the causes of these errors. So let’s start!
Hulu Error Code P-TS207 Causes
To remedy an error or issue, you must first understand the problem. The same is true for your app; to resolve the issue, you must first identify the source of the problem. So don’t worry if you don’t know much about all of this. Follow our method to troubleshoot the problem, and you’ll be able to resolve it quickly.
The following are the most common causes of a playback error code or P-TS207 error code.
- First or one of the main reasons is a poor internet connection. So check your internet speed and bandwidth.
- Check your App version; it may be outdated.
- Hulu server may have the issue.
If you have an internet difficulty, a router problem, or other updating issues, you can diagnose and fix the problem on your Device. However, if you can’t detect a problem with your internet, app, or network, the problem must be server-side. You have no choice but to wait for them to fix the situation.
How to Fix Playback Hulu Error Code P-TS207
The Hulu app is one of the most popular video streaming apps with a significant number of users. You can use this application on any device, smartphone, laptop, PC, or even a smart TV. It isn’t only with you to see the error on your screen; many others are experiencing the same problem. You can quickly resolve the issue without the need for repairers or help centers.
When you get the Hulu error code P-TS207 on your computer, you must resolve it using a simple procedure before you can restart streaming.
The best part about p-ts207, one of the most frequent errors, can be quickly resolved in many different ways.
Update the Hulu App to Fix Hulu Error Code P-TS207
If your Hulu app is not updated, you may see the Hulu error P-TS207. As a result, you can download the latest version of the Hulu app from the Microsoft Store. Go to the App Store and check for updates, then install the Hulu app update. Hulu can be updated from the relevant app store if you’re using it on smartphones or iPhones.
Start the Hulu app when it has been updated and test whether you can watch movies without getting the error P-TS207.
Navigate to the Settings > Help > System Software Update > Check for a system software update > click on the Upgrade Now.
On your phone home screen, navigate to the Google Play Store > tap on Menu > My apps & games > search Hulu and tap Update.
Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
If you don’t have automatic App Store updates turned on, click on Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications > Hulu to update manually.
Go to Settings on the Fire TV main menu and select Device> About > Software Version > Check for System Update.
iPhone and iPad
On your iPhone home screen, navigate to the Settings >General > Software Update.
Update the web browser
If you’re accessing Hulu through a web browser and haven’t upgraded the browser yet, try upgrading your web browser. You can upgrade your Hulu, whether it’s Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera, or another. After updating the browser, check to see if this resolves the issue for you.
Ensure that you are using a good internet connection
A bad internet connection mainly causes playback issues on Hulu and other streaming services. So, check if your internet connection is fast enough to stream and watch Hulu videos. If you can’t view Hulu without issues, you may need to upgrade your internet package.
Login Issue Hulu account
Try logging out of your Hulu account if you are experiencing error P-TS207. It is due to a temporary glitch or communication interruption. Then try logging into your Hulu account again to see whether the problem has been resolved.
Restart your Device to Fix Hulu Error Code P-TS207
A simple restart can sometimes resolve a communication problem between the client and the server. If this is the case, restarting your Device will help you to fix the situation.
Perform a power cycle
If a normal restart isn’t enough, try a power cycle. A power cycle is an excellent way to fix these kinds of issues. It refreshes your Device, which helps you get around communication issues between the Hulu server and your app. Follow the instructions below to execute a power cycle:
- Turn off primarily display devices and Unplug them.
- Unplug and switch off all the related networking devices.
- Allow at least 2 minutes for the devices to shut down completely.
- Plugin and turn on network devices one at a time, allowing them to load fully.
- Restart your computer or whatever device you’re using after plugging it in.
- Check the Hulu app to see the problem has been resolved.
If you’re using a VPN, it may be interfering with the communication between your ISP and the Hulu server. So, turn off your VPN for a while and observe whether the problem persists. If this is the case, the mistake is most likely due to VPN.
Clear the Hulu app cache
You can also try clearing the Hulu app’s cache and data on your device. On Hulu, the error code P-TS207 might be caused by a corrupted app cache and data.
You can erase the Hulu app cache and data from your phone’s Settings > Apps> Hulu> Storage> Clear cache and Clear Data.
Uninstall, reinstall the Hulu app
The Hulu error P-TS207 can occur if the app on your device is not installed correctly or if the installation is corrupted. If that’s the case, you can start over. Simply remove the Hulu app from your device and then reinstall the most recent version. Check to see whether you can now watch videos without getting this issue.
Make sure that the Hulu server is not down
If there is an issue with the server, you may also get this message on Hulu. So, using any of these web services, see if the Hulu server is up or down. You can also call Hulu’s customer service team or check out their official social media pages to see any technical issues on their end. Wait for Hulu to fix the problem if the server is down.
You encountered the Hulu error code p-ts207 when watching Hulu live Streaming; the solutions mentioned above will resolve the problem. If the problem persists despite the most typical cause being a slow internet connection. Connect reliable internet than within minutes, you’ll be able to reconnect to Hulu and begin viewing the videos.