Sony Computer Entertainment’s PlayStation 4 (PS4) is a well-known and popular home video gaming console. It offers immersive new game worlds as well as a strict gaming community. On the PS4, the Error CE-32809-2 occurs when users attempt to launch specific games or programs conventionally. This issue has been documented to happen with both digitally acquired and physical media.
Along with other well-known game systems such as Xbox One and Nintendo Switch, the PS4 improves people’s lives. It is undeniable that when the PS4 is configured correctly, it gives an outstanding gaming experience. However, it occasionally ran poorly and gave some errors, such as the Error CE-32809-2.
As it turns out, there are several possible causes for this error code. Here are a few potential offenders that could be to blame for this issue. Today, we’ll look at the causes why PS4 cannot start the application and give the ce-32809-2 error, which includes a variety of problems.
Causes PS4 Error CE-32809-2
We listed some of the prominent causes that generate errors. Understanding the issue is essential because of these causes; we quickly eliminate the PS4 error ce-32809-2.
You might be dealing with a primary issue involving one or more system files if you started encountering this problem after an unexpected computer shutdown. If this is the case, try power-cycling your console to see if it resolves the issue.
Common firmware inconsistency
A long inactive period is one of the most typical reasons for this issue, which results in a brief license inconsistency, leading your console to believe you don’t have the permissions to play this content. In this situation, a simple console restart should be sufficient to resolve the issue.
PS4 is unable to verify your licenses
Your console will be unable to authenticate the ownership of the licenses on your account due to a problem with your Internet connection or a brief difficulty with Sony’s servers. Setting your console as the primary PS4 account for your PSN account is the quickest fix in this scenario.
The persistent license variance can cause your PlayStation system to reject access to a particular digital purchase. Some users face this issue because of licensing inconsistency. In this scenario, you should resolve the issue by restoring the licenses from the Account Management menu.
Corrupted PS4 database
You won’t be able to address one type of licensing mismatch by merely reinstating the licenses. If your game’s operating system files cause the issue, the only solution is to rebuild the database. It may do this from your PS4’s Recovery Menu.
Underlying system file corruption
Corrupted kernel-level files in certain conditions may cause this problem. In this situation, backing up your data and initializing your console via the Recovery Menu would most likely solve the problem.
Fixing the PS4 Error CE-32809-2
The PS4 connects consumers to a distinct range of games while also providing a pleasant gaming experience. However, PS4 users have recently experienced an error when trying to launch particular games or programs. “Cannot launch the application,” reads the notification accompanying the error.
Restart the PS4 Console
Restarting the PS4 console is the first step in resolving PS4 error ce-32809-2. It is effective in resolving a variety of PS4 issues, including the error 32809-2. As a result, it is essential to give it a chance.
Hold the PS button on the game system and select the Restart PS4 option from the prompted Power Options menu to restart the PS4. Then wait for the restart process to complete. When the process is complete, restart the game or application to see if the error code ce-32809-2 is still present.
Power Cycling your Console
As it turns out, most of the time, the widespread OS inconsistency causes the issue because of the corrupted temporary data formed due to an unexpected system interruption or a faulty update. If this situation applies, you should resolve the issue without the need for a more significant operation. After performing a power cycling method on the PlayStation 4 console, several impacted consumers confirmed that it resolved the PS4 error. To complete a power-cycling process on your PS4 console, follow the steps below:
- First, switch off the PS4 console entirely and ensure that it is not in Hibernate mode.
- Press and hold on the Power button with your console switched on and keep it pressed until you can hear the back fans of your console turning off entirely (hardly it takes about 10 seconds).
- During this process, your console will play two short Beep Sounds. When you hear the second beep, then release the power button.
- Remove the power cord from the power socket that attaches to your console and wait 30 seconds or longer before plugging it back in.
- After some moment, restart the console and wait for the startup to finish.
- You may repeat the previous activity that caused the issue, and now you will not get the error.
Setting the Console as the Primary PS4
One of the most common causes of the CE-32809-2 error is when your console detects you don’t have the necessary permissions to play the game or application that’s causing the problem. It is most likely to happen with media purchased digitally.
If this scenario applies to you, you should be able to resolve the issue by going to your console’s Settings menu and establishing this device as the primary PS4 in your account’s Account Management settings. If your console isn’t operating as your primary PS4, then follow the steps below to fix the PS4 error CE-32809-2 through establishing this console primary:
- From your PS4’s main screen, select Settings from the menu at the top.
- Navigate to the Account Management section of the Settings menu.
- Select Activate as Your Primary PS4 from the Account Management menu, then choose to activate at the final approval menu to begin the operation.
Note: If your PS4 is already set as your primary console, deactivate it, restart your computer, and then return to this screen to reactivate it.
- Once the process is complete, restart your computer and check if the problem has been resolved.
If the problem persists, proceed to the next possible solution listed below.
Restoring Licenses to fix PS4 error CE-32809-2
If the first two distinct solutions didn’t work for you, you’re likely dealing with a persistent licensing problem. Several affected customers who were experiencing the same issue were able to fix it by performing a license restore operation on their PS4 console.
This particular workaround is known to work in cases where the issue is limited to digitally purchased media. If this circumstance applies to you, follow the steps below to restore your PS4 console’s licenses and fix the CE-32809-2 error:
- You can utilize the menu at the top to navigate to the left-hand side and select Settings from the main dashboard of your PS4.
- Select the Account Management menu from the Settings menu and tap the X button to access it.
- Select Restore License from the Account Management option, then press X to exit the menu.
Use the Restore button at the final confirmation prompt and wait for the operation to finish and the reinstallation license.
- After the procedure is completed, restart your console and check if the problem has been resolved.
If you’re still getting the PS4 error CE-32809-2, continue to the next possible solution.
Rebuild PS4 Database
The corrupted database might potentially cause the PS4 error ce-32809-2. Hard disc failure or fragmentation, storage medium corruption, accidental data loss, file header corruption, PS4 system software installation or update failure, unexpected system shutdown, and so on are all possible causes for a corrupted database. For a corrupted database, there are three options. The first option is to rebuild the database from scratch.
Furthermore, Keep in mind that you can only perform this procedure in safe mode. It would help if you first booted into Safe Mode before you could begin rebuilding your databases. If you decide to continue with the process, follow the steps below:
Step by Step Procedure to fix PS4 error CE-32809-2
- If your PS4 console is turned on, you can turn it off by pressing the Power button on the controller from the dropdown menu and clicking on the Turn Off PS4.
- Wait a minute to make sure your console is completely turned off.
- Press and hold the Power button until you hear two hips in a row. These two beeps indicate that you have entered Safe Mode successfully.
- Now, connect your DualShock 4 controller to the front of your PlayStation 4 using a USB-A cable.
- Once your controller is connected, scroll down the list of available options until you find the option Rebuild Database, then click the X button to start the process.
- Wait for the operation to finish. This operation can take minutes or hours, depending on the size of your HDD and whether you’re using the newer SSD technology.
Note: This method essentially reorganizes your hard drive so that the _OS can access your data more easily and quickly. This will eliminate mistakes, reduce data load times, and prevent freezes or frame drops.
Initialize your PS4 to fix PS4 error CE-32809-2
If none of the potential solutions listed above have worked, you can try performing initialization on your PS4 console one last time to resolve the CE-32809-2 problem code. Several vulnerable users who had previously encountered this issue reported that this update worked.
But, before you proceed with this method, keep in mind that all data you have on your PlayStation 4. including game data and save data, will be erased.
We’ve included specific measures to ensure that the essential data linked with your PSN account is safely backed up on the cloud at the end of this operation, so you won’t have to worry about data loss.
Step by Step Procedure
- First and foremost, ensure you’re logged in with the PSN account that has your game data.
- Then, from the main dashboard, navigate to the Settings menu.
- Access the Application Saved Data Management menu from the Settings menu and select Saved Data in System Storage.
Note: Please remember that you’ll have an active PlayStation Plus subscription to back up your data to Sony’s cloud servers. You can instead of back up your data on a flash drive in this situation.
- Select Upload to Online Storage from the list of options when you get to the following menu and press X to access it. Use the Copy to USB Storage Device option instead if you don’t have a PS Plus subscription.
- When you get to the next screen, click Choose Multiple Applications using the Options button on your controller. Then go ahead and choose all of the appropriate save games you want to keep. After you’ve selected all of the proper items, click the Upload/Copy button to start uploading them to the cloud or copying them to a flash drive.
Note: If you have any more recent saves on the online storage, you will need to confirm the process again. If you have several distinct conflicts of this type, it’s a good idea to utilize the Apply to All box before choosing Yes so you don’t keep getting this popup.
Power off to fix PS4 error CE-32809-2
- When the process is finished, tap the PS toggle on your controller to get the guidance menu, then the Power Menu. Next, from the Power menu’s insides, select Turn Off PS4 and wait for your console to shut down entirely.
- Wait for 30 Seconds or longer after your console displays no indications, then tap and hold the power button until you hear two consecutive beeps. It is the indicator that your PlayStation 4 is going to enter the Recovery Menu.
- Connect your controller to your computer using a USB or a Cable, then pick option six from the Recovery menu. Before pressing X to start the operation, make sure your PS4 is up to date.
- Select Yes at the final confirmation prompt, then wait until the operation is finished.
- Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management and select Saved Data in Online Storage if this occurs. Then, follow the on-screen instructions to download the data you had recently backed up on the cloud. Your console will restart in regular mode once the operation is completed.
Note: If you’ve already saved the data to a flash drive, choose Saved Data on USB Storage instead.
- Reinstall the game or application causing the CE-32809-2 error and check if the issue has been resolved.
Today, we’ve covered all possible causes of error CE-32809-2 on PS4 and tried to resolve the issue. If any of the methods worked for you, please share our article on Facebook and comment below.