Are you wondering how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat? Don’t worry; you’re not alone who is being blocked, and there are different ways to know you’re blocked. Applications like Snapchat don’t tell you if you are blocked, and they only notify you when someone adds or follows you on Snapchat.
However, it is one of the most annoying situations being blocked on Snapchat. It is especially true if it is carried out by someone you care about. If you find you’re blocked, don’t try to contact that person from a different account because it will create more problems. Perhaps you need to know the reason why someone blocks you on Snapchat.
However, there are many methods that can check out their profile or even private Snaps. But let’s not get off track with the essential topic. So there could be a chance that person might have deleted the account or deleted you from their contact list. In addition, continue reading this guide and learn how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat.
- How To Fix Netflix Error Code M7353-5101?
- Are These Legendary Movies Available On Netflix?
- Most Common Hulu Issues and how to fix them?
How to tell if someone blocked you on Snapchat?
Blocking someone on Snapchat works a little differently than it does on other social media platforms. The individual who has been blocked will have no way of recognizing. It will appear that the person who blocked them is still their buddy. They’ll still show up in conversations and on your friend’s list, but they won’t get any messages you send them. You won’t be able to see their stories or other stuff either.
It indicates that the other person has removed you from their list of friends. It’s possible that you won’t be able to see any of your recent conversations with this person. You won’t find them in your friend list, but you can still search for them to appear if you know their username.
To know someone blocked you on Snapchat, you should need to take these actions to determine if you’re blocked, or someone deleted their account.
Check Your Recent Chat
The first thing that gives you a big clue whether a user has blocked you is checking your recent chat or chat history. This action is helpful if you have chatted with the person who may have blocked you before clearing your chat conservations. So follow these steps to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat:
- Open Snapchat and go to the Chats by clicking on the icon at the bottom left of the screen.
- If the person you suspect blocked you are not appearing in your Chat list despite having a recent chat with them, that means you’re blocked.
- However, you need to go ahead to the next step to confirm you’re blocked. Alternatively, you may not chat with the person or forget that you Clear your chat history. So move to the next step.
Search Username or Full Name
When you search for usernames on Snapchat, you won’t find them if they’ve blocked you. You should be able to find them by searching for the username if they’ve removed you from their Friends list.
However, understanding the difference between being blocked and getting erased on Snapchat is critical. If a user blocks you, you won’t be able to contact them in any way from your blocked account since you won’t be able to find any record of their account.
If a user deletes you from their Friends list. You’ll still be able to see them in your Friends list and send them snaps. However, if they only allow their friends to contact them, they may not receive them, depending on their Snapchat privacy settings.
- To find the user, you believe blocked you, go to the top of the screen and click on the search icon next to the chats tab. Start typing the user’s username or complete name to find them up.
- If you know the user’s username, you’ll obtain more accurate results. Although there may be other users with similar complete names, usernames are all unique. Full names can also be modified at any moment, although usernames are not.
- Whether the user appears in search results, they’ll be listed under the My Friends label if you’re still on their Friends list or under the Add Friends label if you’ve been removed from their contact or friend list.
If the person you’re searching for doesn’t appear when you search for their specific username, it’s because they’ve blocked you or erased their Snapchat account.
Use Different Account and Search Their Username
The fact that you could not find the user you were looking for in the previous stage raises the possibility that they have blocked you; although, this is not enough to confirm it. By searching for the user from another account, you might validate that their account still exists. You can choose between two options:
- Request that a friend uses their account to search for the user that you are looking for.
- To search for that user, sign out of your account and create a new account.
The first choice is the easiest because it eliminates all unnecessary steps needed to create a new account.
- Choose a Snapchat friend, relative, coworker, or other acquaintance who isn’t buddies with the user you believe has blocked you.
- Send a request to the user using their username (if you know it) or their full name.
If you decide to make a new account. You’ll need to sign out from your personal account and clear the application Cache and Data from your phone settings. To create an account, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the App after clearing Data and Cache.
- Click on the Sign-Up button on Snapchat and enter the mandatory details that Snapchat requires, such as Name, Email, Date of Birth, Username, Password, and so on.
Now perform step two above using your new account. If you or a friend can find the user account you were searching for, it should be enough to confirm that you have been blocked. If none of these methods worked, then most likely deactivated your friend’s account.
Does Snapchat tell you if you’ve been blocked?
No. If you are blocked, you won’t get a notification, so you’ll have to go over the suggestions given above to figure out what to do. After you can’t find the user, you’ve most likely been blocked if you don’t see any information about the profile you’re interested in.
Snapchat is now quite well-known all over the world! But what if you can’t find your friend on Snapchat? So it’s a possibility that they’ve blocked you for whatever reason. You now may know how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat after reading this article. Leave a comment below to let us know if you found this post helpful or not.