New technological advancements are developed every day, and people are changing their way of living by choosing modern technologies. These days several people prefer to subscribe to online streaming services rather than spending on costly Tv packages. But the streaming services have too many ads while watching a tv show, movie, or anything else. Hulu is one of these services that have this issue, and we’ll let you know how to get rid of ads on Hulu for free.
However, Hulu’s service boasts approximately 43 million paying subscribers, and it’s one of the most popular options. You can watch your favorite show, movie, and more without any external extension whenever/wherever you have a stable internet connection. It’s pretty annoying when you watch your precious show, all of a sudden, the ad appears, and you can’t even skip them.
Hulu eliminates commercials from most of its content with a few exceptions for some specific shows. You can utilize this service through Hulu’s ad-free membership option. However, you can remove ads for free using the add block application, but it’s not that easy as it sounds. This article will cover how to get rid of commercials on Hulu and explain the process that will help you remove ads from Hulu. So let’s start!
How to Remove Ads from Hulu for free? (PC Users)
There are several ways to skip the annoying ads that Hulu appears in every part of the film. You can use the application or extension to block the ads, or you can do it manually. We will show you the most effective way for the Pc user to get rid of these annoying ads. Here’s how to block Hulu ads:
The most reliable way is to use the online extension or plugin to stop the Hulu ads. The Adblock Plus is an extension or plugin that prevents advertisement, opening the ads in new tabs and pop-ups. It doesn’t correctly hide the ads, but the application replaces them with the white screen, including blocking. However, the best part is that it continues delivering on any streaming service and removing pop-ups while watching the films.
Note: Sometimes, Hulu may not show movies or shows because of this plugin or extension. So you need to turn it off to check if this causes the problem. You can disable this by clicking on the Pause on this site only. As a result, while watching films or streaming any content, you may see annoying ads.
Reload the Page
This method will help you skip commercials on Hulu if you want to avoid installing any extension or plugin. If you stumble upon the advertisement, refresh the page, and it will shorten the duration of the ads.
The ads on Hulu are very long, depending on the video that you are streaming. While watching the movie or any other content, Hulu shows long-duration ads for around four minutes. So you can refresh the page that will reduce the ads time instead of watching the whole commercial. This technique will not altogether remove the ads, but it will reduce the period of ads.
How to Get Rid of Ads on Hulu for Free? (Tv Users)
If you are using tv to stream the Hulu service using the tv application, don’t worry about it, and we cover everything in this article. If you are utilizing the Hulu application live on the firestick, we will focus on it.
How to Remove Ads from Hulu for Firestick?
Suppose you are wondering how to skip commercials on Hulu from your tv. We will explain concisely what your options are and which is most useful for you. To stop ads on Hulu, you need to follow the steps:
The Blokada Application
The Blokada application is one of the best solutions for preventing Hulu ads on firestick. You can download this application from your safari or google store.
When launching this application, the firewall will activate as a process on your phone that will revoke any ads to pop up on your firestick.
If you can not find this application on the google store or app store, you need to download it from the browser. Download and install the app using the browser.
If this application doesn’t work fine on your side, we have an alternative option for you. It may block the ads on Hulu, and this technique doesn’t require downloading and installing any other application or software. So you only need to change your DNS address to other servers that will prevent the ads. To change your DNS on firestick Hulu, follow these steps for detailed information.
- First, navigate to the My Fire Tv section from Settings.
- Now you need to click on the About and scroll down to the Network option.
- After that, you need to take a screenshot or Picture that we use later on.
- Go back to the main settings page and choose the Network Settings again.
- Now you need to forget the network.
- After that, you need to enter the password of your network and click on the Advanced Option. Now use the data that you save in the previous step, enter the Ip address.
- You need to fill in all credentials and if the prefix is not mentioned, use the 24 and Gateway sections. Now you need to enter the Primary and Secondary DNS.
Primary DNS: 176.103130.130
Note: Be careful that hackers can create public fake wifi hotspots to grab your password when you connect your device to this network.
If you follow these instructions correctly, you’re operating on the other server, and your firestick Hulu should not encounter pop-ups and ads during any content you are streaming. Occasionally, Hulu may give you an error that will stop working its streaming but don’t worry about the error; it will resolve over time.
How to Get rid of Ads on Hulu by Upgrading Your Account?
Hulu (No Ads) costs $11.99 per month, which is more expensive than the standard $5.99 per month plan, but it’s probably worth it if you dislike watching ads. To remove the account, you need to follow these steps:
- First, visit the Hulu website and log in to your account using your email and password.
- Once you log in, click on the Account option at the upper right corner of the screen.
- Under the Manage Your Account, you can find the Your Subscription section and click on the Manage Plan.
- On the Plan page, enable the Hulu No Ads subscription box and click on the Review Changes.
- The review ensures that you know the new charges, and now it’ll change you the updated cost. If you are satisfied with the new plan, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Submit button.
How to remove commercials from your Hulu through Upgrading Your Account to your smartphone?
If you want to remove the account from your mobile phone, make sure you have Hulu’s application.
- On your smartphone home screen, navigate to the Hulu application.
- Now, click on the Account in the bottom right corner.
- Next, you need to reenter the Password.
- After logging into your account, scroll down to the Your Subscription section.
- Once the Your Subscription section is opened, then scroll down to the Switch Plan section.
- Now you need to switch the plan to Hulu’s No-Ads.
- After that, click on the review button that will show your new price for the plan. All the details will be there for the program.
- Finally, click on the Confirm button to verify the Upgradation.
That’s it! Now you can watch Hulu and won’t see any more advertising. You will get a Hulu free trial and if you are a new user of Hulu. You need to switch from an ad-supported plan to an ad-free one if you’re currently a member.
Why does Hulu have so Many Ads?
Hulu has long been known for its innovative programming and ability to attract users. However, in recent years, it has become a significant advertising hub for a lot of firms. Although some may find these ads annoying since they interrupt what users want to watch, they are the most effective way for the business to generate cash in an era when streaming services are fast reducing ad revenue.
There is a simple reason behind it, Hulu has two purchasing plans for its users. The first plan is low cost with ads, and the other is high cost with no ads. Hulu’s length of ad breaks might vary depending on various circumstances, but they have a far lower ad load than traditional television. Their goal is to bring you back to the content you love as soon as possible, and they are constantly working to improve the ad experience.
However, the Hulu service provider offers unlimited access to movies and shows, but its monetization is through ads, and that’s why Hulu has so many ads. We listed some prominent reasons for Hulu’s ads appearance:
- It offers a low-cost-per-hour broadcasting format with up to 100 percent audience interaction; Hulu can show more ads per hour than other networks.
- Hulu’s long-form content attracts consumers who are more likely to engage with its commercials. People are viewing drama series and films for hours at a time.
- Advertisers who run commercials on Hulu can reach people who might not otherwise see their ads.
- People of all ages, academic levels, and political beliefs watch the Hulu streaming service. As a result, there are more advertising opportunities than on any other site.
- Last but the primary reason is that they offer a Hulu No Ads plan in which you can’t get any ads while watching any film or show. If you can use this Hulu’s No Ads plan, then you can resolve this question “How to Get Rid of Ads on Hulu?”
How to Skip Ads on Hulu?
The most straightforward approach to getting rid of Hulu commercials is to switch to the premium plan, also known as Hulu (No Ads). Hulu members can choose between two pricing tiers: a standard subscription for $5.99 per month or a premium subscription for $11.99 per month. Hulu’s No Commercials package is undoubtedly worth it for habitual binge-watchers, even if it costs a few dollars extra per month. If you don’t want to spend money on Hulu’s No Ads offer, you can use the above method.
Why are Commercials so Loud on Hulu?
The goal of most TV advertising being louder than the show you’re viewing is to get your attention. Commercials are broadcast at a higher volume than shows because the audio manipulates electronically. It can be not very pleasant for viewers to turn down the volume or turn off the television every time a commercial. The audio levels on Hulu are around 20dB louder than those on the movies.
According to Federal Communication Commission regulations, commercials must have the same volume level as the programs they accompany. Furthermore, in 2012 the CALM Act was enacted, allowing viewers to file a complaint if someone violates the FCC’s advertising restrictions. However, streaming service providers have found ways to circumvent these rules. One of the strategies operated was to reduce the volume of shows rather than ads.
They frequently make the first sounds milder before turning up the volume. Another option was to use the linear-increase approach. It is a gradual increase in volume followed by an abrupt increase. As a result, it has the same volume as the one in programs. Hulu claims to have fixed the problem after many complaints about the loud level, but consumers continue to complain. The product teams are working round the clock to remedy the situation.
However, there are several other things you may do to change Hulu volume leveling on your own. Various plugins can be installed to quiet your device during commercials automatically. You can also use the add blocker application or purchase Hulu’s No Ads service. And you can also use the free technique that we mentioned above.
We hope this article resolved your questions, such as how to get rid of ads on Hulu, why commercials are so loud on Hulu, and others related to it. We show the free technique to prevent the ads as well as the paid method. You can use any of the approaches to block the commercials from Hulu. If the free process doesn’t work, then use the paid subscription. However, comment below and let us know which method you followed and get rid of this problem. Good Luck!