Google Chrome is one of the best browsers that provide an exceptional user experience. That’s why Google Chrome is one of the most popular web browsers worldwide. However, when you’re trying to search any information or website on the browser, it can’t respond and gives you the error message err_empty_response. It means that the problem is with your internet connection.
If you have been utilizing Google Chrome for a while, you’ve probably run into some issues and have no clue how to get rid of them. But, no one can deny that it has more users than before and has a 66.64% net market share. However, it’s the most annoying thing when you’re seeking some essential information or attending the conference.
Furthermore, there might be other factors causing the issue, such as the extensions you have installed preventing you from viewing any online web pages. So, this article will show you how to resolve the err_empty_response error using a simple technique. Before we discuss the solutions, you must know what the significant causes of this error are? So let’s start!
Why Do I Get Err_empty_response and How Do I Fix it?
It’s typical rises in the Google Chrome browser, which usually means there’s a problem with the network connection. In most cases, the user was surfing the web when they noticed a warning on a Chrome tab informing them that the domain they were visiting was now working, and it appears this message err_empty_response.
Furthermore, when you get an err_empty_response error, also get one to two phrases explaining what’s wrong. It has several causes that may appear this error such as:
- A poor network connection
- Overloaded browser cache
- Uncertain Temp files
- Running applications or programs like bad extensions that are corrupting or affecting the performance of Google Chrome
These are the possible causes that lead to the error, so this article will show you the simple step-by-step instructions to get rid of err_empty_response error massage. Make sure that you can use all these solutions so you can use the browser without any problem.
How Do I Fix an Err_Empty_Response on Google Chrome?
Resetting Your Network Settings through Command Prompt
It is conceivable that the internet settings on your PC may be incorrect. To resolve the ERR EMPTY RESPONSE error, restart your network. To get started, follow the steps below:
- First, on your computer dashboard, press Windows Key+S.
- After that, a search box appears; type CMD in it.
- When you right-click Command Prompt, choose Run as Administrator from the context menu.
- If permission is required while opening the app, say Yes.
- In Command Prompt, type the following commands (press Enter after each command line):
Reset Network stack
ipconfig/release ipconfig/all ipconfig/flushdns ipconfig/renew
netsh int ip set dns netsh winsock reset
- After running these command lines on the command prompt, see if the err_empty_response error has been resolved.
Change DNS To Google DNS in Windows 11
Google operates a public DNS (Domain Name System), which means it owns and administers its servers. You can use Google DNS to resolve domain names by any internet host. Follow these steps to change the DNS to Google DNS in windows:
- First, navigate to the settings and select the Network and Internet option.
- Once the new window appears, navigate to the Ethernet and click on the Edit DNS Server Assignment.
- Now, select the Manual Form drop-down menu and enable the Ipv4 settings.
- Next, you’ll notice the two options, Preferred and Alternate DNS, so you need to enter these values:
- Preferred DNS Server enters 22.214.171.124.
- Alternate DNS Server enters 126.96.36.199.
- Finally, press the Save button and check to see if the issue persists.
Delete Extra Temporary Files to fix err_empty_response
It might be possible that the windows temporary files are causing the issue, so deleting them can resolve the issue. Follow these instructions to delete the Temp files:
- Hold and press the Window and R Key to open the run dialog box.
- Once the Run prompt is open, you need to enter the temp or write the temp and press the OK to open the folder. (Must need the administration access to open run this command)
- After the folder is opened, please select all the files (CTRL+A)and delete(DEL) them.
- Finally, you can check to see if the err_empty_response error persists.
Clear Browsing Data of Your Google Chrome Browser
The err_empty_response error could be caused by a problem with your Google Chrome browser data. To fix the n::err_empty_response problem, clear your browsing data. To do so, take the following steps:
- First, open Google Chrome from the dashboard of your computer.
- Now, you need to click on the Three Dots at the upper right corner.
- Hover over the More Tools option and click on the Clear Browser Data.
- After that, select the Time rage as All Time and click on the Clear Data. It will delete and everything, even your browser history.
Now that your browser data has been restored, try revisiting a website. Check whether the err_empty_response error message has gone.
Update Your Device Drivers to fix err_empty_response
You may be getting the err_empty_response error message as a result of an incompatible network device driver. In that situation, you should update your drivers if you want to fix the issue. You can update the driver in one of two ways:
Getting the Driver from the Manufacturer’s Website.
The Device Manager offers a convenient method of updating your network updater driver. But it may be unable to detect the most recent driver version. So manually downloading the appropriate driver from the manufacturer’s website is still preferred. Make sure you install the correct driver version for your operating system and CPU type to avoid problems with your PC.
Getting through the Device Manager
One way to update your network device driver is to use Device Manager on your PC. To get started, follow the steps below:
- Press and hold Windows +R Key on your keyboard to bring up the Run dialogue box.
- In the Run dialogue box, enter the devmgmt.msc and click on the OK button.
- It will take you to the new window where you can see the installed drivers, and then you need to right-click your network device, select Update Driver from the drop-down menu. That’s it.
Check Your Network Connection
Your network connection may be down, resulting in the err_empty response_error. First, double-check that your computer is connected to the internet. Also, check your network hardware, such as your router and modem, is in good working condition. If you are having trouble connecting to the internet, you should seek assistance from your Internet Service Provider or the manufacturer of your network equipment.
Disable Computer Antivirus
Your antivirus (anti-malware) software may be blocking specific or all websites. It results in an error message, so check if any third-party antivirus software you’ve installed is causing the issue. We suggest temporarily turning off the antivirus to see if the issue persists. If the problem is solved by removing (or deleting) your antivirus software. We recommend that you either change your antivirus application or reinstall the one you already have. Also, ensure sure your VPN client is turned off if you’re using it.
What does it mean when a website doesn’t send data?
It implies that the website you’re trying to reach isn’t responding to your queries or sending any data. Because of the Internet Connection, a corrupted browser cache can give the error err_empty_response. The site did not send any data and might be down. In this instance, the page may appear to be loading slowly or not at all.
How do I fix this page didn’t send any data?
If you receive the No Data Received error message when exploring a specific website or information on Google Chrome, you need to uninstall the browser. Follow these steps to uninstall the browser:
- First, navigate to the start and search for the Control Panel
- Now, choose the Program > Uninstall from the control panel
- Find Google Chrome from the list and Uninstall it.
- You may install it through its official site.
When Google Chrome is having trouble, then this err_empty_response error will appear. It would be best if you tried every possible solution mentioned above. Mostly the other programs or applications frequently cause the problem. However, let us know which of the above options is helpful. Follow our website for more technical information.