Apple Inc. started the revolution towards TWS headsets with the launch of Apple Airpods. They have made our life so much easier due to wireless connectivity. Well, we don’t need to worry about the wires anymore, but it’s a concern when you come across Airpods flashing white issue.
Apple Airpods regardless of model, flash white, orange, green, and amber lights to depict the status of their connection and charging status. Sometimes, Airpods do keep flashing lights despite being connected to the mobile device. This is an indication that something is wrong with your Airpods.
This is annoying, but feel no pressure, as this article explains everything about AirPods flashing lights. Just relax, sit back, and read our article thoroughly, so that you can understand and resolve your issue instantly.
Why is the light on my AirPods blinking white?
Airpods keep blinking white light when they are unable to connect with mobile devices for some reason. There could be many reasons behind the issue, such as:
- Low battery,
- Outdated firmware,
- Bluetooth is turned off on your mobile.
Whenever you see AirPods flashing white light, you would not be able to connect them. Whatever the issue is, we will help you solve it.
AirPods flashing white then orange
- Airpods flashing white light means they are ready to pair with the device.
- While AirPods flashing orange in normal conditions means they are on charge mode and will turn to green light upon completing.
- Airpods show either orange or amber lights on charge mode, which will remain steady until it goes to full.
If your Airpod blinks white light first, then suddenly turns to red or orange, it is not a good sign for you. During white light, Airpod tries to pair up with the device, but if some error occurs then it will show an orange light to indicate the fault.
AirPods flashing green
- Airpods flashing green light is a good sign just like the green traffic signal.
- It means that your Airpod has charged fully.
- When you charge the Airpod from the empty condition, the green light will turn on shortly upon the completion of charging, and then it will turn off.
If you open the fully charged case, it will cause the green light to stay on and illuminate for a longer period than the usual time. It is also worth mentioning that when Airpods blink green light, it also indicates the full charge capacity of the case along with the Airpod.
Green is a positive sign in life. So, you should embrace it with open arms in case of your Airpods.
AirPods flashing amber
- Amber is also known as orange or red color.
- So, when your Airpods flash amber light then there is a problem with your device.
- It means that your Airpod has some firmware problems in connecting to your Apple device.
Airpods also blink amber light, when their battery is drained out. If you see the amber light from the led on the Airpod’s case, it means the case charging is incomplete and needs to be fully charged to make it go away. This is the time to plug your case in.
Another condition could also occur when Airpods flash amber light. If you see amber light on the case while it is still plugged in, it means the case is charging and you don’t need to worry about it.
How do I stop my AirPods from flashing white?
There are two options you can choose from when your AirPods won’t stop flashing white light. The first thing you can do is to reconnect the earbuds with the device. The second option is the factory reset, which this article also covers.
The first option is easy and feasible for your Airpod to develop a connection again with the iPhone or iPad. You just need to open your Bluetooth setting, turn on the Bluetooth, pair with the Airpods, and Voila! The while light flashing will stop once you develop a connection successfully with your mobile device.
AirPods stuck in pairing mode
It is possible that when you try to choose the first option to make the white light stop flashing, your Airpods could stuck in pairing mode. In this case, you can go for option two, which emphasizes factory reset of your Airpods.
Before selecting the reset option, you should know that a pairing problem could also occur due to the following reasons:
- Debris on the Airpods and charging case
- Low battery
- Bluetooth is off on the mobile device
- Software update
- Hardware damage to the charging case or AirPods
How to reset AirPods?
If you face different issues like AirPods flashing white, orange, and green lights as well as getting stuck in the pairing mode, then using a factory reset option is the best choice as it can fix all the problems.
Resetting the AirPods settings can be an instant fix for all the common issues that could occur in your wireless device. Most importantly, the reset process can also solve battery-related issues and inconsistent audio. This technique works for all versions of Airpods when using a wireless case.
To perform the factory reset, do the following:
- First, place the AirBuds back in their case, close the lid for 30 seconds, and reopen it.
- On your iPhone, open “Settings,” then select the Bluetooth option.
- Select the “i” icon in the device option next to the AirPods’ name. In the AirPods menu, go to the Bluetooth option, select “Forget this Device,” and then confirm the option.
- Leave the charging case open while AirPods should remain inside and then hold the button on the back.
- Wait for the light on AirPod’s case to blink orange color, then release the button
- Once the AirPods disconnect from all the devices, wait for the white light to flash again.
- This will indicate that your reset process has been done successfully. Now reconnect the AirPods with your iPhone or iPad.
Why are my AirPods flashing white but not connecting?
AirPods Pro could also face similar problems to AirPods and AirPods Max in which their AirPods flashing white light keeps on blinking but does not connect with the mobile device. In this case, you can use similar techniques to solve the connecting issue.
First, you should disconnect the AirPods Pro from the device, and try to reconnect them. Still, the problem does not fix by reconnecting, do the factory reset of your AirPods Pro to fix the issues instantly.
AirPods button not working
Sometimes, the AirPods’ button could also be stuck and not work entirely. In this case, you can choose the similar reset option, as it is an effective method to resolve all AirPods-related problems. You can also try to check for debris in the case and clean it properly before resetting.
The Apple AirPods is an effective and needful invention that occurred in the tech industry. It has made our life much easier that we don’t need to worry about cables. Therefore, if some minor issues come to your AirPods, then you don’t have to feel pressure, as the article has elaborated each detail with utmost precision and accuracy. From flashing white, orange, green, and amber lights to pairing issues, the article has explained each step that can be followed to resolve the issues.